The Madras Seva Sadan was founded in 1928 by Sir & Lady M. Venkatasubba Rao with their personal initial contribution of Rs. 10, 000/ and futher contributions as the need arose. Sir M. Venkatasubbha Rao was the Founder - President and Lady M. Venkatasubba Rao was the founder Honorary General Secretary and Treasurer. It was founded as a home for grown up girls and young women who were poor and destitute, such as deserted wives, helpless widows and orphans, with a view to impart to them such education and training as would make them fit, in course of time, to look after themselves and be self reliant.
To commemorate the name of the Founder President Sir, M. Venkatasubba Rao, a School, for Boys was started in June 1971, with just 4 classes.
The School coaches students for the Matriculation and Higher Secondary Examinations conducted by the Education Department, Tamilnadu.
The Students has its own buildings well-furnished with modern furnitures and classrooms fitted with fans.
The library is well stocked with books for reference and general reading on all subjects. The school also has four well equipped laboratories with adequate facilities for imparting scientific learning and for experimentation in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science.
There are facilities for in - door and out - door games and sports. The School offers specialised coaching programmes in Cricket, Volley Ball, Swimming and Athletics conducted by leading coaches in the respective fields. Great stress is placed on extra - curricular activities.
The School is staffed with highly qualified and experienced teachers. In addition to imparting scholastic knowledge, the school endeavours to build up a balanced personality and qualities of leadership among its Pupils.